The Office Project – Day One

The Office ProjectToday was the first day of my office project. The first official day, anyway. The sitting room has been a catch all for weeks months years and I have gotten quite a bit of it taken care of. And by that I mean boxed up and put in another room, which we will get to in a minute.

The tasks for today were logistical in nature. Part of the issue is that we have way more furniture than we need. But we also have two young adults who will be moving into their own places eventually and taking some of the furniture with them. Which means we have to hang on to said furniture.

Years ago we bought a beautiful roll top desk and Taylor had it in his room until we moved to Pennsylvania. It made its way into the sitting room, but it won’t work for my purposes. The hutch or roll top won’t allow me to: a) set a desk top on it; or b) open my laptop all the way. But what to do with the desk?

Todd finally came up with a plan. Since Taylor occupies the basement, his room has become the guestroom. His dresser is now downstairs and all that is in the guestroom is a queen size bed, two very small nightstands and a wall unit. The room is laid out pretty funky so it took some finagling to figure out we could move the wall unit and slide the desk into its place.

Which meant I had to move all the junk that I’d moved from the sitting room and onto the guestroom floor up to the bed so we’d be able to move the wall unit. I also had to take all the stuff off of and out of the wall unit, which is currently co-mingled on the bed with my office stuff and waiting for Taylor to go through because I think a goodly portion of it is junk. Like precalculus-homework-from-high-school kind of junk.

Once the wall unit was moved, I then had to finish cleaning off the desk and ended up putting all that stuff on the moved wall unit. Then, once the desk was moved into place, its contents were returned. This is, of course, temporary because most of it will go back into some semblance of organization once the office is completed. At least that’s the plan.

The only hitch today was not having enough boxes for all my books. I may have to cull them when I’m putting them back. Or not.

Tomorrow’s Assignment: Painting. Lord have mercy.

3 Comments

  1. Michele on July 21, 2016 at 4:05 pm

    Great work accomplished! My problem always seems to be: to accomplish A, B needs to be done, but before B can be done, C needs to be done and before that can happen, D needs work. So, nothing gets done because by the time I get to D I am so overwhelmed, it’s easier to go eat something.

    • JustJenster on July 22, 2016 at 7:29 am

      YES!!! I’m the exact same way. It’s like we’re related or something! The good thing is that I know I have to get the guestroom cleaned up in a couple of months so I’ll be forced to keep going. 😉

  2. […] But it’s nowhere near done. There is so much still to be done. And guess what! Remember in this post I was lamenting the fact that I have three boxes of books and in this post I said I was going to […]

Leave a Comment